Get in on the fun and tradition of AMERICA’S KIDS, LA County Fair’s creative and educational competitions for kids from pre-school through high school. Check out the all-new 2019 “Adventures in Literature” themed craft competitions such as Wizard Wands, Make a Dinosaur, Colorful Yarn Art, Wild Things Posters, Pom Pom Pets, Kitty Decorating, Create a Potion, Fossil Data Sheets, or Tissue Paper Art. More of a traditionalist? Our classic competitions such as Art, Photography, Sewing, Science, Hobby Collections, Quilting, Needlework, Woodworking, Drafting, and Creative Writing are always popular…and so much fun! It's easy to enter! See competition book for complete rules and information.
- Browse through our 42 page competition book and choose the competitions that interest you. Be sure to follow rules and guidelines specific to each competition.
Online Entry: New this year! Please follow instructions as shown for online entry. Deadline for online entry: June 27
- Mail-in Entry: Print out entry form and NEATLY fill in all information. Mail form so it is postmarked by June 20.
- Drop off your creations at America’s Kids, Expo Hall #5 on Saturday July 13, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Enter through Gate #1.
- Admire your work, along with the work of 1000's of other kids, on display during the Fair, August 30 through September 22.
- Pick up your entries and ribbons at America’s Kids, Expo Hall #5 on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Continue your Adventures in Literature with our ever-popular Read to Ride Program. You can earn free carnival ride coupons just by reading books over the summer and writing book reports. See the Read to Ride form for complete rules.
Tips for filling out your entry form:
Complete Competition Book
Read to Ride
- Each child must have their own entry form. Use more than one form if entering more than 10 items.
One entry per line only.
- For example, if you are entering 4 photographs, you must list each photo separately so that a tag is made for each photo.
- Please print your name clearly. Your entry tag will reflect the name printed on your entry form
Under the section marked “Title or Description of Entry” please indicate the color, type, or title of your entry.
- For example, if you enter artwork, please add a short description of each piece such as “yellow flowers” or “horse and boots” rather than simply “acrylic” or “watercolor.”